By Bantam Nobart

MASINDI: Kitara Regional League side Booma FC has became the first team to book a place in the Stanbic Uganda Cup semi final after a 2-1 win over FUFA Big league side Maroons FC at Masindi stadium on Saturday evening.

Omedi Denis and Ashraf Ali Scored for Booma FC while Fred Amaku for Maroons FC.

The visiting team was a better side in the opening 25 minutes.

Started on a high for an early lead but the Tukyate Boys (Booma Fc) back four led by Rasta Man Odora Moses, Abiyo Ivan, Kiiza Douglas and Isingoma Chris stood firm and tall sweeping away all balls in the box.

The keeper too Anguzu Francis was present all minutes.

Danger man Fred Amaku had first shot at goal in the 2nd minute of the game but was wide.
In the space of seven minutes Amaku came close to scoring three times.


His two shots went wide and the other was denied by goalkeeper Anguzu Francis.

Omedi Denis got Booma FC’s first attempt at goal after 15 minutes which kissed the cross bar.
As the game went on the home side picked up and it was balanced.

Amaku again had all the time to put his side in the lead but keeper closed him for a save.
Omedi who kept the away side’s defence busy had his traveling heavy shot punched away the keeper Akol Emmanuel.

Three minutes to the end of the first half, Ashraf Ali Kante put the home team in a 1-0 lead with a cool header from Kambale Aldrine fine cross from the right sending the high turn up of fans in joy.

First half ended with the home team enjoying a 1-0 narrow lead.

In the second stanza, coach Alinaitwe Fred’s side (Booma FC) seemed to be defending for their lead hence attracting the visitors.

Fred Amaku, Solomon Walusimbi and Tusubira Abraham did not give Booma Fc defence breathing space with minute after minute attacks in the box.

In the process, Amaku and company wasted abig number of clear and golden chances sending them wide and off target.

The host team almost took a 2-0 lead when Kiiza begun a counter attack from the left, set Omedi then to Kambale who shot wide.

After two minutes Ashraf had side effort going wide from the out side the box.

A good moment came at the 82nd minute when the visitors got a free kick close to box at the left.
The keeper saved but was helpless and Amaku put the ball in the net leveling the tie at 1-1.

Coach Fred made two changes for more power upfront.

Winger Ongeyowon Patrick for striker Asiimwe Clinton.

Then at the right back Isingoma Chris paved way for Latif Biira.

As the game looked heading for the penalties, Kiiza started a move from the left who found Kambale to Omedi who decided to go for a heavy shot and the keeper was unable to get it into the top right corner, hence 2-1.

Omedi restored Booma fc’s lead two minutes to the final whistle.

Another change was made by the home team with defender Wobusobozi Jasper coming in for Ashraf to add numbers at the back.

Finally the referee blew the final whistle, the home team winning 2-1.

Booma Fc became the first team to Qualify to the Semi Finals of the Stanbic Uganda Cup.

Maroons fc’s ends here for this season.

Fred Alinaitwe the headcoach Booma FC told ugreports that they are ready to face any club and he is hopeful they will lift the trophy.


Do you have a story in your community or an opinion to share with us? Email us at

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button