By Ahmed Matovu
KAMPALA: The Link Bus Services Public Relations Manager Tom Best Aliinde on Wednesday evening issued operational guidelines following the impounding of one of their busses.
The bus registration number UBE 535H was impounded on Monday 17th October 2022 at Kigarama stage, Myanzi Sub County in Kassanda district for allegedly violating the Ebola standard operating procedures.
Below are the guidelines issued.
1. Our buses to Fort Portal, Bundibugyo, Kasese, Bwera, Kagadi, Kakumiro, Kibaale, Hoima, Masindi, Kigumba, Bweyale, Wanseko and Arua shall continue to operate. There shall however, be no stops made in the restricted districts of Kasanda and Mubende for 21 days in line with the presidential directive of October, 15th 2022.
2. Our buses shall continue to transit through the restricted districts of Kasanda and Mubende even during curfew time (7pm & 6am) but still not stopping at any one point.
3. For buses leaving Kampala for Fort Portal, Naama trading center (Mityana) shall be the last stop before Kasanda district, and the next nearest stop shall be Butookebutaana in Kyegegwa district. The same stops shall apply for buses coming from upcountry.
4. Pending additional arrangements, our Kyegegwa field office shall handle all our parcel and luggage requirements
5. Names and phone contacts of all travelers shall be taken at all our touchpoints for easy tracking
6. Sanitizing and washing of hands shall continue as has been at all our touchpoints for the sake of controlling the spread of the ebola virus
7. We encourage passengers to buy travel tickets online via our website www.link.co.ug to minimize physical contact
8. All our buses shall continue to be disinfected by spraying every after a trip
9. Commonly touched surfaces shall continue to be regularly disinfected
10. Our social media platforms shall be open for feedback but also give regular updates on the ebola situation
11. Our public address systems at all our touchpoints shall continue to give regular updates on the ebola situation, preventive measures and signs and symptoms of the disease
12. All our staff have been sensitized on the precautions to take in emergency situations relating to coordinating well with health workers
13. Social distancing shall be ensured especially at our terminals and all other touch points
14. Customers coming to pick parcels/loved ones are advised to come only on time to help us ensure good social distancing by avoiding overcrowding
15. Passengers with medical conditions that may not allow them to travel long distance stretches without stop, for example crossing Kasanda and Mubende districts are advised to consult their doctors ahead of their trips
16. We encourage you all our dear customers to have minimal eats and drinks to reduce the possibility of having to stop for short or even long calls
17. All passengers are advised to cooperate well with our staff to ensure strict observance of the standard operating procedures.
”As Link Buses we continue to urge you our dear customers to work well with all stakeholders in order to achieve normalcy in the shortest time possible,” guideline stated.